The Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre will be hosting the 2021 Fraser Coast Youth Achievement Awards on Friday, 5th November 2021. Formerly known as the Maryborough Youth Achievement Awards, the centre has endeavoured to host this wonderful event with the objective of creating a positive perception of youth in Maryborough and its surrounding districts. In 2014, the program was renamed Fraser Coast Youth Achievement Awards and covered Hervey Bay and surrounds, seeking to recognize young people within the Fraser Coast community who have set goals and achieved those self-defined goals through determination and will-power.
The Fraser Coast Youth Achievement Awards is a formal presentation evening and will feature honoured guests, speakers and performers displaying the talents of the young people from the Fraser Coast community. Tickets for the awards ceremony will be available for purchase at the Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre closer to the date of the awards ceremony.
There will be a total of nine (9) awards to be presented, eight (8) Fraser Coast Youth Achievement Awards and one (1) Overall Young Achiever of the Year for Fraser Coast, each receiving a certificate, a trophy and a prize. The different categories are as follow:
1. Overall Young Achiever of the Year
2. Academic Achievement Award
3. Voice of Youth Award
4. Sporting Achievement Award
5. Community Involvement Award
6. Multicultural Involvement Award
7. Achievement in the Arts Award
8. Musical Achievement Award
9. Personal Achievement Award
How do I enter?
1. Applicants must be between the ages of 12 – 25 years old on 05/11/2021.
2. Entries close at 4pm on Friday, 17/09/2021.
3. Nomination forms can be completed in paper and submitted to the address listed below or completed and submitted online on or before 17/09/2021. Online submission portal closes at 4pm, Friday 17/09/2021.
4. Winners will be notified on the week of 04/10/2021.
5. The nine (9) successful nominees will be required to attend the Awards Ceremony scheduled for Friday, 5th of November 2021 at the Maryborough RSL at 163-175 Lennox Street, Maryborough.
6. Please respond to each award category as succinctly as possible. If entering more than 1 award category, please take time to fill out another entry form.
7. If necessary, and as required, an interview of short listed finalists may be conducted. If this happens, a suitable venue for both Maryborough and Hervey Bay finalists will be identified.
8. You must attach relevant documentation to support your nomination
(I.e. awards, certificates, academic transcripts, thank-you letters, newspaper articles etc.).
9. Response to each award category should be limited to 500 words or 2 pages.
Nominations close at 4pm on Friday, 17 September 2021
Nominations can be submitted via:
In Person At The Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre:
25 Ellena Street Maryborough Queensland 4650
An online form is available after reading this current page and the selection criteria page.
1. The nominee must be between the ages of 12 – 25 years old on 5/11/2021.
2. The nominee must be able to attend the awards ceremony on Friday, 5/11/2021 or nominate a representative if nominee is unable to attend.
3. By signing this nomination form you agree to have your photograph and/or video taken to be publicised by the local media, sponsors, program partners and the Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre through print, social media and other forms of advertisement. You should not, however, nominate or accept nomination if you and the nominee are uncomfortable with this process.
4. Award winners are required to give a brief speech.
5. The Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre must be acknowledged in all press releases.
6. As this is a formal event; guests, winners and nominees are expected to dress to the occasion.
7. The information that is provided by the nominator about the nominee is the basis for the judges’ decision. If fraudulent or misrepresented nominations are received, the Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre reserves the right to withdraw the award and the prize.
8. The judges’ decisions are final and cannot be contested.
9. Judges will be composed of the Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre’s Management Committee and will invite external judges as they see fit.
10. Based on the judges’ decision, you may be considered for another award category aside from the category you applied for.
11. Make sure you keep a copy of your nomination form & evidences for your record, once nomination forms & evidences are submitted it becomes the property of the Maryborough Neighbourhood Centre.
12. Sponsor/s of award categories will be given access to nomination forms of FCYAA finalists and winners for an opportunity to be nominated in other recognitions and awards.
13. Do not attach original copies of evidences/relevant documentations in your nomination form as submitted nomination forms will not be returned to you.
14. Submission of signed nomination will be considered as acceptance of terms & conditions of entry by the nominator and the nominee.
15. If you are submitting your nomination online or via email, it is YOUR responsibility to confirm that your submission has been received in full by ringing centre reception on 07 4121 2141 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Adhere to any current COVID 19 restrictions.